Have you ever wondered about what it’s like to be a sexologist? How is being a sexologist or any other sexuality professional (sex coach, sex therapist) different from other types of therapists and healthcare professionals? Does being a sexologist mean you have a crazy and kinky sex life? How can this job affect your dating experiences?
The time has come for something a little bit different from the usual Get Sex Smart podcast episode. This time Dr. Valeria and I tell you everything there is to know… about our job.
Tune in as we discuss all there is to know about our line of work – the good, the bad, and the ugly. In Episode 39 you will get a behind-the-scenes look at the joys and challenges we face as sexuality professionals. By listening to this podcast you will learn:
- What it takes to actually become a sexologist and what skills are necessary
- What it means to hold space and why it is crucial in our line of work
- Some common assumptions and reactions that sexuality professionals have to face in their daily life
- The challenges of dating as a sexuality professional
- What our work consists of and what you can expect from a session
- Some of the most frequent issues that people come to us with
- Things to keep in mind when considering becoming a sexologist
- Safety concerns and precautions sexologists need to take