The Struggle is Real
Most people have, at one point or another, felt anxious about their skills in the bedroom. We want to be amazing lovers but get stuck because we don’t have the right approach and mindset.
This anxiety is common, especially when our expectations are distorted by supplementing inadequate (or non-existent) sex education with porn.
Often, we feel we’re supposed to just naturally be good at sex, forgetting that it’s a skill like any other.
Think Like An Amazing Lover
On Episode 15 of the Get Sex Smart podcast, you’ll pick up some handy (and easy!) rules of thumb that can be real game-changers and will help you regardless of who your partner is.
To be an amazing lover, you want to know:
- The dangers of focusing on performance instead of pleasure
- The importance of savoring the experience and letting go of the idea of how things are “supposed to be”
- How and when to give feedback to sexual partners
- How to set the tone for the sex you’ll be having
- Why heterosexual women are less keen on casual sex and hookups
- How to make communication sexy
- The importance of educating yourself on the anatomy of your lovers
- How to react to a judgmental lover and when to seek professional help
Remember – the beauty of skills is that they can be learned, developed, and mastered. There’s nothing predestined about your skills as a lover.